Tools I use for blogging: Swarm
What is Swarm?
Swarm is an app that I use with with IFTTT and Evernote to speed up and help my blogging process. Swarm is a “check-in” app and I use it to “check-in” when I arrive at a location. This acts as a handy way to record where and when I visited somewhere, plus as I use Swarm with IFTTT I can automatically generate the start of a blog post in Evernote (more information about how I use Evernote for blogging).
How do I use Swarm for blogging?
A typical blogging session with Swarm will run something like this:
- I arrive at a location which I wish to blog about.
- I log my location using Swarm and IFTTT (more information on how I use IFTTT), which will automatically create a new note in Evernote containing my location data.
- I add notes to the new note created using Swarm – these notes may be typed, dictated (if I have a network connection), recorded as a voice memo, or grabbed as photographs of information boards etc.
- I take photos on my phone to use in the post and add them directly to the note Swarm created in Evernote.
- At the end of the day (once back in my room) I flesh out and edit the post using the Evernote desktop app, add in any photos from my camera, and then transfer to my blog.
You can read more about how I use Swarm and IFTTT at: Tools I use for blogging: Evernote and Tools I use for blogging: If this then that (IFTTT).
I have not been paid for the above endorsement. I also have no connection with the Swarm or Foursquare (the makers of Swarm) other than I have used their apps for a number of years. None of the links in the above article are affiliate links.